Thursday, June 11, 2015

hiking my own hike

My take on hike your own hike
Hiking can be a very enjoyable and rewarding hobby or like me can mean so much more, It can take you to the highest of mountains to the lowest of valley streams and waterfalls. Hiking can also be an adventure that can open our eyes to all sorts of nature's miracles, flowers, boulders, waterfalls and animals, I especially love to walk up above 6000 ft in the smokies when you walk amongst what we call the enchanted Forrest with fir and spruce pines and bright green moss carpeting, the aroma of the firs are wonderful.  it smells like christmas we would say  My personal hiking philosophy is  take time to smell the roses  not in a big rush to reach the top or destination, just take it all in, enjoy the moment, its not a race, Sure other people are faster and I'm usually just meandering up, but we all get to the top in due time. Hiking fills a void in my life I never knew I had, It has taught me and healed me, Every big hiking adventure is another mountain I climb not only for physical advantage but areas in my life that God shows me his beauty and faithfulness, 10-20 years ago I would never think this possible in my life. But I started climbing higher up the mountain and deeper into the woods and began to lose all concept of time and fears that had held me back for so many years. I hiked my own hike with God by my side

No comments:

Post a Comment